Electrical Safety Audit is a methodical way to deal with assess potential dangers and to prescribe proposals for development. All electrical systems can potentially cause harm. Four of the main types of injuries that occur as a result of electrical current include: electrocution, electric shock, burns, and falls. These types of incidents can occur in various instances. Through direct contact
with electrical energy, electricity can travel through the body can interfere with regular electrical signals between the brain and our muscles. This can lead to instances where the heart may stop beating regularly, breathing may stop and other bodily function may shut down.Electrical distribution in the plant or any public place like hospital, malls etc are made up of several screw or nut bolt connections. Fires caused due to electricity cause extensive damage to property and human life. Therefore, preventive and predictive maintenance practices if followed at regular intervals, most of these accidents can be avoided. Electrical safety get affected mainly due to wrong electrical design, wrong selection of electrical part, uneducated person handling electrical job, poor maintenance, bad workmanship etc. Electrical safety audit is extremely importantfor public organizations.Below Are Some Possibilities For Fire Due To Electricity:-
Electrical Safety Audit Report Would Be Included Followings:-
- Insulation gets damaged due to heat, overvoltage or mechanical impact.
- Heat could be external or due to overload.
- Conducting an insulated parts come close to each other resulting into sparking.
- Loose contacts, loose connections, results into sparking.
- If such sparks fall on inflammable material like wood, cloth etc. it catches fire.
- Unwanted short circuits due to Rodents, Rats, Lizardscause flashover.
Benefit To The Client:-
- Executive summary– Recommended action to avoid safety hazards.
- Power Quality– All major feeder’s parameters viz. current and voltage levels for 24hrs along with safety hazards, if any.
- Validation– Cable and switchgear validation. (Adequacy testing by actual measurement)
- Thermography– Infrared thermography for entire electrical network to check electrical health and recommendation along with anomalies.
- Earthing– Earthing system validation and recommendations to avoid noted safety hazards from electric shocks.
- Current harmonic levels, power factor and related recommendations to avoid unwanted heating and related hazards.
- Physical inspection of the electrical installation to the last mile.
- The report would be based on applicable standards related to electrical safety. (CEA 2010)
- It helps to know any upcoming electrical mishaps and helps to reduce electrical incident.
- Identification/Condition of existing electrical infrastructure, whether it is good or bad.
- Identification of Hazards area.
- Helps to enhance uptime of the particular area/facility or plant.